Effective Date: January 1, 2023
By applying for employment, working at the Firm, or acting in a vendor/contractor relationship including accessing the Lionakis website or any subdomain, you acknowledge that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy.
The information we collect is controlled by Lionakis, headquartered at 2025 Nineteenth Street, Sacramento, California 95818.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
Information collected is used solely to conduct normal business operations.
Lionakis Website or Subdomain(s):
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services through mechanisms including but not limited to cookies, web beacons, and other technologies; your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; your device ID; the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we may have collected about you.
The application process collects personal information such as name, work history, home address, eligibility for employment, and prior work product. This information is solely used for evaluating and selecting applicants for employment. Applicants may enter personal information directly through the application system. This personal information may be stored in onsite- and third party-hosted environments.
Clients and Consultants:
Contact information including a client or consultant’s Federal Employer Identification Number, financial institution and banking information, contact information, and past project work may be collected and may be stored in onsite- and third party-hosted environments.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our corporate customer contracts. For example, we will use a customer’s employee’s contact information to send our invoices or to send service communications to them.
- To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- In response to legal process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To protect us and others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Lionakis is involved.
We do not disclose or transfer your personal information to non-affiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
EMAILS AND NEWSLETTERS
Email from a distribution list we send you may include a tag that notifies us whether you have received or opened the email or clicked a link within the email. If you do not want us to collect this information, you can completely opt out of receiving emails from us using the “unsubscribe” link in the email.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Lionakis retains information as long as it is required for business needs and operations.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST
- To know what specific personal information we store about you.
- To know what categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- To know the categories of sources from which that personal information was collected.
- To know the categories of your personal information that we sold or disclosed to a third-party business for any purpose in the last 12 months.
- To know the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months.
Lionakis is obligated to provide this information to the same consumer only twice in a 12-month period.
RIGHT TO DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request that Lionakis delete personal information it has collected about you except if the collection and storage of the information is required to comply with legal obligations. Lionakis does not sell your personal information.
You have the right to request deletion of your personal information. You can request that we delete personal information we have stored about you; however, your request may be denied for reasons including but not limited to the following:
- We cannot confirm your identity.
- Your information is needed to complete a transaction.
- Your information is required to fulfill legal obligations.
If we deny your request, we will notify you of the reason for the denial.
RIGHT TO CORRECT INACCURATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request inaccurate information be corrected. Contact email@example.com to request a correction to your personal information.
RIGHT OF NO RETALIATION OR DISCRIMINATION
Lionakis will not discriminate or retaliate against an employee, job applicant, independent contractor, or vendor for exercising rights under this policy. However, if you exercise certain rights, you may be unable to process business transactions with Lionakis.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.558.1900. Prior to processing your request to know or to delete, we will attempt to verify your identity. We may do this by requesting more information from you to verify your identity. We will inform you if we are unable to verify your identity, in which case we will not be able to comply with your request.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your personal information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that you have authorized them to act on their behalf.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Firm or would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the Opt-out Links on our emails and newsletters or in any of the following ways.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may amend the Policy to maintain compliance with laws, rules, or regulations that govern how we collect, use, store, or sell your private information. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices about the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.