In the late 1950s Cox, Liske & Associates had moved out of the historic 926 J street building designed by founder George Sellon and into another office off 10th street in downtown Sacramento, which was one of their first projects to offer an integrated, multidiscipline approach. By this time they had brought both George Lionakis and Klyne Beaumont on as Associates and in 1958 they officially started the firm’s first Structural studio (they called it a department), making Beaumont a limited partner and head of the studio.
During this same time the firm developed its first true logo, evolving from the George Sellon’s text-based style. By the time they moved into their new office, they had a new partner, a new logo, and a new service line.
Attached is a collage with photos of Whit Cox, J.R. Liske, a series of their business cards from 1956-1958 showing the evolution of their logo and address, and an article and drawing of the 10th and H Street building.