The years from 1958-1968 were years of significant growth for the firm. Through these years the company moved twice. The first time they left the building that they had designed on 10th street in downtown Sacramento and moved to El Camino Avenue, right outside the city limits. They stayed at this location for only a few years, eventually settling into a new office building they helped design on Fullerton Court in the Campus Commons area of Sacramento. This would become the firm’s home for many years.
During this time the firm began to gain prestige in many areas, winning AIA awards for projects like the Breuner Residence, Concrete Masonry awards for the Sacramento Fire station, and Construction Specifications Institute awards for projects like the Community United Presbyterian Church. It was also during this time that long term clients such as the Sacramento Bee and Los Rios Community College District were brought on. These are clients we still work with today and relationships we have built over 50 years.
As 1967 came to a close, the firm brought on two new full partners: Klyne Beaumont and George Lionakis. The firm changed its name and rebranded to Cox, Liske, Lionakis & Beaumont.
This collage shows an advertisement for the El Camino Avenue office and the moving flyer for the Fullerton Court office. George and Klyne’s partner portraits are also shown, as well as a picture of most of the office staff when they moved to Fullerton Court. Whit Cox, George Lionakis, and JR Liske are sitting at the front desk, while Klyne Beaumont is at the second desk.